On top of the world

Ok, so my settlement plates can't be deployed until Monday. The way I see it, that means I could spend Sunday doing one of a few things:

1) Go "make pretty eyes" at the Navy ship captain and see if he'll move his boat. (For the record, this was someone else's idea, not mine.)

2) Pick away at data analysis. Bleh.

3) Compose music (see previous post)

4) Take advantage of the fact that I am in an extremely unique and beautiful part of the world, and go for a hike.

I'll take Option #4. Peter put me in contact with another UNIS employee who has been going on a lot of hikes lately, so I got up the courage to ask her if I could join. She said yes, so I suited up in my best, most hard-core winter gear, and headed out.

The rest of the story can only be explained in pictures. Basically, I climbed two mountains. In the Arctic. And it was awesome.






The cluster of houses far below is Nybyen.


Abandoned weather station



Wild reindeer!

Ice cave!





Comments