Ecological Indicators

Friends, I'm happy to announce to you that another scientific paper has been published with my name on it. I'm far from the first author on this one but rather one of many co-authors. The paper pulls together a lot of information collected from the long-term ecological research station Hausgarten, in the eastern Fram Strait, at 78° N. The Hausgarten has been sampled regularly by my colleagues at the Alfred Wegener Institute in Bremerhaven, Germany, since 1999, and their annual field campaigns have created a unique and valuable dataset for monitoring ecological changes in the Arctic. I had the opportunity to visit Hausgarten twice, in 2011 and 2012, while I was living in Germany and working at the AWI. Hausgarten data was the basis for my first two ecological publications (find them here and here) and also provides the foundation for my dissertation on dropstone communities. For more information about the Hausgarten, I recommend you check out this webpage. 

The present paper appears in the journal Ecological Indicators, and it serves as a good summary and assimilation of work taking place at the Hausgarten over the past 15 years. Check it out:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1470160X15005361

Comments