No bad days

"A bad day of snowboarding is still better than a good day of anything else." - message on a T-shirt

Friends, it's been a fantastic couple of weeks. I wasn't sure if I would post anything while on my Christmas vacation, and I was right - I've been way too busy enjoying myself! I went to my parents' cottage in northern Michigan and filled my days with snowboarding, eating, and talking to my mom. 

I love Michigan because of all the places I've lived on Earth, Michigan is the one I know best. I spent the first 21 years of my life in the state, and I can get myself virtually anywhere on its two peninsulas without even looking at a map. I love the small towns and the unlit country roads. I love the hills and the streams and the forest. I love the Great Lakes, those expansive, freshwater oceans, and I love the the snow that blankets the state every year from October to May. 

While on vacation, I haven't done much science at all. I wrote one year-end report for my committee, but that's about it. It's alright - I'll hit the ground running as soon as I get back to Oregon. 

If you're interested, the video below gives you an idea of what I've been up to. My brother has a camera built into his ski goggles, so he's able to capture our runs down the hill we frequent in Michigan. This particular run is called Buck, and it's one of our favorites. I'm the one in all blue. Enjoy!



Comments