Centrifugal force: Part 2

Hyalinoecia artifex after being removed from
their tubes on R/V Atlantis, July 2015
It's a warm, cloudy Friday in Oregon, and I'm proud to announce that another project has been eliminated from the endlessly rotating wheel of chaos. It has been released - ejected! - sent flying by its own centrifugal force.

I'm talking about my onuphid manuscript, which I have now re-submitted for publication. The reviews that my co-authors and I received for that paper were incredibly constructive. It was obvious that both reviewers knew more about polychaete worms than me, so I was grateful to be able to draw on their expertise. The manuscript represents a collaborative effort, as investigators and students from two different labs all contributed different aspects of the analysis - reproduction, diet, distribution of the worms. It's amazing how much you can learn about an organism just by observing it and performing some simple tests.

I'm proud of how the manuscript turned out, so we'll see what the editor says this time around. Hopefully it will be accepted!

Comments