Empire

"From the rain
Comes a river running wild that will create
An empire for you
Illuminate!
There's a river running wild that will create
An empire for you"
- "Empire" by Of Monsters and Men

Friends, last Thursday was Thanksgiving in the United States, so I used the holiday weekend to spend time with family. My parents and brother made their way out to Cape Cod, and I was eager to show them my new place in the world. They got to see Main Street and downtown Falmouth. I showed them my office in Woods Hole and the dock communities I've fallen in love with. The Cape is my domain, my new arena, and I relished the chance to show it off. It was a lovely weekend. 

Dad, Wes, and I on a floating dock in Woods Hole's Little Harbor.
Photo by Angela Meyer.

Slipper limpet shells on a beach in Falmouth
Falmouth Harbor
Showing my brother a bryozoan on a dock in Eel Pond, right outside my building.
Photo by Angela Meyer
Falmouth Harbor

Comments