Telepresence on the horizon

Right now, I am sitting cross-legged on the desk in my office. I am surrounded by boxes and gear from my lab, which was renovated while I was at sea. In just a few minutes, I will gather the supplies I need and head out to the WHOI pier, where R/V Connecticut should be waiting for me. We're loading the ship today and will head out tomorrow to begin our investigations of the shipwreck Portland in Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary. 

This cruise is highly media-focused with ROV video feed being streamed live online. It will also be my first time serving as chief scientist, so I am very excited! I encourage you to tune in throughout the coming week. We will be broadcasting on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

You can find more information about the project and planned broadcasts here: 

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution project webpage: go.whoi.edu/stellwagen

National Marine Sanctuaries project webpage: https://sanctuaries.noaa.gov/live/2019/whoi.html

Comments