Freunde: Part 3

Vanessa, Catharina, and I
On Thursday, I met up with Vanessa and Catharina. The two of them were regular students in my Jazz-Modern and West African dance classes in Bremerhaven. They've both kept up with me on Facebook and comment regularly on what I post there. It was neat to see what they've done since - graduated, moved, gotten married - and share with them my adventures.

Miriam and I
I also hung out with Miriam on Thursday and Friday. Miriam and I got to know each other at the AWI because she had a year-long internship the same year I worked there. She's now doing her Bachelor studies at the University of Bremen but has stayed in contact with the AWI. Miriam is a very enthusiastic person, and I love her animated expressions. We walked around downtown Bremen and had a nice dinner; then the next day, she showed me her campus at the University of Bremen. It was really great to see her again.

The Wunschkirche Group! Not everyone was able to make it,
but I was really happy to see these fantastic women again!
On Friday, I got to see a group of friends from my church in Bremerhaven. I was part of a group that planned special church services geared toward a younger audience. Not everyone from the group was able to make it, but I really appreciated the chance to see those that could come to our little coffee hour. One of the women even brought her new son! They all agreed that it was nice to have an excuse to meet and just talk because normally they only see each other to work. I wish all the best to this little group. Seeing them again warmed my heart.

Comments